If you are an attorney with a legal website, you know the importance of maintaining your web traffic. But it’s not enough to have just any traffic. You need quality highly-targeted traffic. You need to find ways to connect to your target audience, the people who are looking for what you have to offer.
SEO (search engine optimization) is one way you can build your audience over time. It takes some time to do, though and you need to be skilled in SEO to see real results. Keyword choice, the proper use of keywords, combined with quality content, as well as backlinks, and other techniques are all a part of your SEO strategy.
Unlike paid ad strategies, SEO is built up over a long period of time. In fact, it may take months to see results. But with a careful strategy, you can see results sooner. The significance of SEO is that, once you’ve started generating traffic this way, it tends to keep producing results long after you have it in place.
Additionally, you need to know some ways to build this organic traffic over time using a variety of sound technical practices that work and drive the right people to your site.
5 Tips for Lawyers Involving SEO Management
You should think of SEO as building a building. It doesn’t happen overnight. Unlike paid traffic that you can see the results from immediately, SEO takes time to build up. Below is a list of five powerful ways to increase your SEO results for your law firm website.
1. Choose and use keywords creatively in your content. The use of strong keywords at the right time and place help create strong SEO content. The search engines are constantly sending out “bots” or “spiders” as they are sometimes called to search for new content. Certain keywords flag the content as relevant to a particular topic or category. Then Google will list and rank it according to perceived value by the search engine algorithms that they have set up.
If you have relevant, strong keywords that fit your page purpose, you will have your page ranked higher than if you have less meaningful keywords on your page. It pays to do some keyword research using the Google keyword tool to check for relevant but lower competition words. This will allow you to get your page ranked higher in your niche area.
2. Add strong and relevant backlinks to your page from other URLs. Backlinks are another strong mark of positive SEO. To optimize your pages in the strongest way, you need to show Google that your page is popular. One way to do this is to show that you have backlinks coming into your page from other sites. It’s also important to link out to relevant sites. But you should have more links coming in than are going out. This means that others are pointing to your page for relevance. This tells Google your page is popular with other sites.
3. Blog weekly or daily. Blogs are the new best tool of online businesses. If you have a law firm, consider creating and maintaining a blog. The blog will give you a chance to talk to your regular customers and visitors about legal topics such as family law, criminal law, how to find an attorney, and more. By appealing to the search engines with these keywords as well as creating high-quality content for readers, you will be able to increase your SEO results in the searches and keep people on your page with interesting and valuable information.
4. Use social media with geographic SEO to drive more traffic from social media to your main site.– Social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter have their own internal search engines. But they are also connected to the Google search engine. So promoting your law site on Facebook or other social media is a good idea. You can increase your natural SEO doing this by simply making daily posts on your social media pages. But it’s also a good idea to create blog posts that you post on your Facebook and Twitter pages. Remember you tap into a unique audience when you post your blog links or other media into your social media pages.
Make sure and include a link out to your social media pages from your main website URLs. Also, you’ll get some incoming traffic to your website from your social media page. Make sure to include a link to your website from your social media. Include the link on your personal profile as well as your business page and include it in every post if you want them to go to your site.
Focus on your local geographic area since you want the end result to be for people to come to your law office by finding you through local searches.
5. Use digital media to increase interest in your brand. Remember that a law firm is a brand, just like any other business. You should work on branding by providing value for your target audience and include videos, podcasts, blog articles, infographics, and more to increase your level of engagement. By increasing your engagement levels, you can increase your quality traffic and keep people coming back.
Increasing return visits is an important part of your SEO strategy. It’s not enough to get a visitor one time. You need to find a way to get them to return time and time again. The more people visit your page, the more they are likely to seek your services. Connecting the right people to your law firm is the key to succeeding online as an attorney using your website as your best asset.
An Integrated Approach
As a lawyer, think of yourself as a specialist. Just as someone would look for a TV repair person if they had a problem with their television set, you are the specialist they look for when they have legal problems or need their legal questions answered. Learn the terminology that people are using by doing keyword research then match your keywords to these searches. To keep people on your site, offer them something free such as valuable information that they cannot find anywhere else. Use all of your websites, blogs, and social media, as well as YouTube channels and podcasts to create an integrated approach to advertising with SEO.
Tip of the Day: Using Lawyer Directories
Our final tip of the day regarding increasing SEO for lawyer sites is to utilize the power of legal directories to increase traffic. When you put your site into a lawyer directory, you are narrowing the results to only visitors who are interested in finding a lawyer to help them with their problem.
This is an important way also to get backlinks pointing to your legal website which will also increase your SEO. By having a profile in these legal directories that focus on law only, you will guarantee that you are getting quality traffic to your website that should result in better results with your ROI.
When you are thinking about your SEO strategies, you should think of every site that you place content on as a doorway to your main URL. As an attorney, you need to focus on getting the traffic that includes the people who are most interested in your services. Be specific with your keywords. Use both short and long-tailed keywords and make sure you are focused on providing value to your readers.
If you are an attorney in New Jersey looking for ways to boost your results with SEO and SERP, you may want to try listing your site in newjerseyattorneysearch.com today.